Kotoni Shinto Shrine
Address: 1-30, Kotoni 1 Jo 7 Chome, West Ward, Sapporo, Hokkaido 063-0811
GPS: 43.073118819214606, 141.3016984952911
Daiichi Torii – The First Gate
Sandou – Pathway to the Main Shrine
Choyouzusha – Washing hand facility
1. Hold a spoon in your right hand.
2. Pick up water with the spoon, and wash your left hand.
3. Hold the spoon in your left hand, then pick up the water and wash your right hand.
4. Hold the spoon in your right hand again, then pick up water by your right hand, pouring the liquid into your left hand, to wash your mouth. (It’s good enough only to imitate the motion of rinsing your mouth.
5. Dry off your both hands with your handkerchief.
Daini Torii – The Second Gate
Anzen Jinja – Saving Pioneer Shrine
Shin Mon – The Final Gate
Houtoku Jinja – Enshrine Japan itself Facility
Mikadoyama Kotoni Tenmangu – The God of Education’s Shrine
Haiden is the main facility
1. Gently throw money into the donation box. The most suitable donation is 5 yen because 5 yen means close relation with God in Japanese. Go-en also sounds like good luck.
2. Bow twice.
3. Clap your hands twice.
4. Pray to God, keeping both your hands together.
5. Finally, bow to God once more and exit the shrine.
GPS Location of Destination